- Facilitate the exchange between two healthcare professionals or within a group
- Easily register partners or group members to take part in the consultancy
- Personalize text fields for key information to be designed
- Manage patient cases privacy
- Integrate medical images for teleradiology and telepathology
The consultancy tool is designed for users who want to exchange and share specific information related to a given patient or medical topic. This information can be based on text, laboratory results or medical images (radiology or pathology).
Information sharing is commonly performed between 2 healthcare professionals (e.g. physicians, nurses, health workers, technicians, students) or within a group of healthcare professionals (e.g. via a forum dedicated to the discussion of interesting cases), and supports both patient management and continuous medical education. With its Consultancy tool, SATMED provides an easy channel to carry out such peer-to-peer consultancy and e-learning sessions at individual and group scales.
In practice, SATMED Consultancy tool presents a dedicated set-up function allowing users to design personalized text fields where key information is exchanged. Such information typically is patient history, current medical problems, or questions addressed to the consultant.
Moreover, SATMED Consultancy tool can benefit from SATMED cloud service, thus enabling medical images to be easily integrated into the consultancy tool which allows a structured work for Teleradiology or Telepathology.
Finally, users can manage patient cases privacy level. Indeed, they can either decide to keep all patient cases private or make them public if they do not contain any patient identifying information such as name or birth date.
To know more about protection of patient privacy and data security provided by SATMED, click here
Protection of patient privacy and data security
SATMED fully complies with international standards for the protection of data privacy, ensuring that data which would identify a patient (such as patient name, address, date/place of birth, etc.) is visible only to the treating physician and is not shared with any third party. In addition, such information is only processed through the internet in an encrypted manner.
The consultancy tool of SATMED provides several measures to protect the privacy of patient data:
Indeed, each group of information (record set) can be defined in ‘Settings’ as:
- Confidential (non-visible to other users): Text fields with patients private data are not shared when sharing the case. Text fields will be stored in an encrypted manner and only the owner with the key can access them.
- Non-confidential (visible to other users): If the patient case is shared, those private patient fields will be shared as well, and also to SATMED platform users. The user needs to make sure that no confidential patient data is used in this case (i.e. patient name, address, date/place of birth, etc.).